Aimee Cunningham's Articles
- NewsTaking antidepressants during pregnancy does not increase the risk of autism or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, two new large studies suggest.
- NewsTaking artificial trans fats off the menu reduces hospitalizations for heart attack and stroke.
- NewsInherited mutations, not only treatment, affect the chances that a childhood cancer survivor will develop a second cancer later in life.
- NewsExperiments in cells and mice suggest that a previous exposure to dengue or West Nile can make a Zika virus infection worse.
- NewsSeveral pesticides can disrupt a partnership that enables certain plants to take up nitrogen by enlisting the help of bacteria.
- NewsNational policies to maximize the benefits of wind farms while lessening their environmental impacts may be needed.
- NewsChemicals that prevent grease from seeping through food packaging can transform into a suspected carcinogen.
- NewsTrace amounts of the synthetic estrogen used in birth control pills can cause a fish population to collapse.
- NewsWith a tweak to their genetic codes, bacteria have been coaxed to follow a chemical trail of a researcher's choosing.
- FeatureHarnessing the sun's rays cheaply and efficiently could address the planet's energy needs.