Aimee Cunningham's Articles
- NewsThe blue-green wings of the swallowtail butterfly harbor an intricate optical system with a design reminiscent of the latest in light-emitting diode technology.
- NewsResearchers have characterized the primary components of the migratory pheromone that guides sea lampreys to suitable spawning areas.
- NewsResearchers have found that infusing plastics with a network of carbon nanotubes reduces their flammability.
- NewsResearchers have taken a step toward smart bandages that would indicate the presence of an infection in a wound.
- FeatureScientists are using nanotechnology to develop new strategies for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- NewsResearchers have crafted an ultrathin solar cell out of inorganic nanocrystals that have several of the advantages of plastic but avoid some of its shortcomings.
- NewsResearchers have demonstrated that carbon nanotubes, once ignited, can detonate explosives.
- NewsThis year's Nobel Prize in Chemistry went to three scientists for their work on a versatile strategy for synthesizing all manner of chemical compounds in an environmentally friendly way.
- NewsScientists have added precision to a patterning technique called microcontact printing.
- NewsThe 2005 Nobel prizes in the sciences honor a gutsy move, optical brilliance, and chemical crossovers.