Alexandra Goho's Articles
- NewsX-ray scanners based on carbon nanotubes could make airport luggage screening and high-tech medical imaging more efficient.
- NewsIn a demonstration that defies certain basic assumptions in physics, researchers have created liquid sodium at room temperature under high pressures.
- NewsGrowing drug crystals on different polymer surfaces could improve a critical step in the development of pharmaceuticals.
- FeatureResearchers are closer than ever to making synthetic enamel to improve dental implants and perhaps to grow a whole tooth from scratch.
- NewsThe potentially harmful effects of buckyballs in aquatic environments could vary depending on the chemistry of the water.
- NewsScientists have created a polymer that, after being deformed, will revert to its original shape when exposed to ultraviolet light.
- NewsThe secret to better popcorn popping is the crystalline structure of the kernel's hull.
- NewsBy nestling droplets inside larger droplets, scientists have created a new strategy for encapsulating food additives and fragrances.
- FeatureResearchers are developing nanosize metallic particles that can break down soil and groundwater contaminants faster and more cheaply than any other existing technology.
- NewsA new chemical technique for extracting natural dyes from ancient textiles could help identify the plant species from which the colorants came.