Alexandra Goho's Articles
- NewsScientists have discerned the chemistry underlying the rapid wound-healing process in an invasive green alga that is wreaking havoc in the Mediterranean Sea.
- NewsIn an effort to explore the mechanisms of evolution, researchers have designed an unnatural chemical base and inserted it into synthetic DNA in a test tube.
- NewsAnalytical chemists have developed a method that visualizes elusive fingerprints with X rays.
- NewsTreating wool with a fungal enzyme not only prevents the fibers from shrinking but also is more environmentally friendly than using conventional chemical treatments.
- NewsBiomedical engineers have developed polymer molecules that bind to and block the activity of proteins associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- NewsCoating medical implants such as glucose sensors and coronary stents with copper-doped polymers could dramatically extend the devices' functioning.
- NewsThe spectacular colors of parrot feathers owe their vibrancy to a set of pigments found nowhere else in nature.
- NewsChemists have created nanoscale versions Inuit rock sculptures, an advance that could facilitate the development of next-generation sensors and electronic devices.
- NewsMotor oil's protection against the wear and tear of steel engine parts takes effect only at high pressures.
- FeatureVenetian Renaissance artists, renowned for their vibrant colors, mixed powdered glass with their paints in an attempt to expand their palettes and create unique optical effects.