Allison Bohac's Articles
- Science TickerTropical songbirds are late bloomers, but that delayed development may give them an advantage after leaving the nest.
- News in BriefTropical songbirds are late bloomers, but that delayed development may give them an advantage after leaving the nest.
- Reviews & PreviewsDrawing on the Hindenburg disaster, a science writer develops criteria for recognizing risky technology.
- Science TickerBright LED lights may bewilder moths, making them vulnerable to predator attacks.
- Reviews & PreviewsAn evolutionary biologist explains the obstacles scientists must overcome to revive extinct species.
- Reviews & PreviewsScience journalist Richard Francis delves into the genetic changes humans have caused in dogs, cats, pigs, horses, camels and more.
- Science TickerBy using their wings as drumsticks, so-called “mute” cicadas can make themselves heard.
- Reviews & PreviewsResearchers and writers weigh in on theories getting in the way of scientific progress in this collection of essays.
- Reviews & PreviewsEcologist Ken Thompson takes a closer look at the impacts (or lack thereof) of invasive species.
- Reviews & PreviewsAuthor Mark Miodownik explores why everyday materials look and behave the way they do.