Amy Maxmen's Articles
- NewsSmall tumors can be detected using a new technique that safely, reliably and noninvasively measures tissue chemistry.
- NewsGenes key to the development of modern animals' body plans show up in primitive-looking comb jellies.
- NewsUnsuspected genetic diversity found in asexual animals.
- Reviews & Previews
- NewsWith a mix of reptilian, bird and mammalian features, the duck-billed platypus genome looks as strange as the animal.
- NewsPsychiatrists measuring the degree of similarity between dreams and psychotic ruminations report some strange features common to both.
- NewsSome conservationists recommend creating marine parks in areas most likely to survive climate change.
- NewsA team of biologists places comb jellies, not sponges, at the base of a new tree of animal life.
- NewsThe Tibetan Plateau formed when the Indian and Eurasian plates collided, but scientists may have had the order of events wrong.
- NewsChemical fireworks in the brain's reward system explode in response to calories, independent of flavor, suggests a new study of mice.