Andrew Grant covers physics and dabbles in astronomy for Science News. He started his science journalism career at Discover magazine in New York, where as associate editor he wrote and edited feature stories and ran the front-of-the-book news section. Andrew has a bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey and a master’s in journalism from New York University’s Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program. His story “Cosmic Blueprint of Life” appeared in The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology in 2011.
Andrew Grant's Articles
- News in BriefLayered substance may lead to more reliable hard drives in the future.
- NewsShort light bursts turn columns of air into energy conduits.
- NewsTechnique could allow scientists to move proteins, viruses and nanomaterials.
- NewsElectrons and holes gather to form a tiny, liquidlike particle.
- FeatureRecent advances in controlling the quantum behavior of particles have inspired physicists to dream of a global clock that would tell the same time everywhere. It would be hundreds of times as accurate as current atomic clocks.
- News in BriefX-rays reveal uneven allotment of element made by blowup.
- How BizarrePhysicists have levitated millimeter-sized objects. Now, the objects can levitate and move in all directions.
- NewsFusion energy output hits modest milestone at National Ignition Facility.
- NewsAn experiment has simulated the long-sought magnetic particle.
- NewsThe light technique may one day be used to build giant telescopes in space.