Andrew Grant's Articles
- NewsPhysicists have measured quantum entanglement between several particles rather than just two.
- NewsA device inspired by an 1867 thought experiment fails to break the second law of thermodynamics, which governs the flow of heat and the drive toward maximum disorder.
- NewsIt took more than 50 years, but an experiment testing general relativity has finally come to a close.
- Science VisualizedA 350-year-old drawing in Robert Hooke’s Micrographia and an award-winning photo demonstrate the evolution of the microscope.
- Science TickerNew experimental results confirm and strengthen evidence for the “spooky” reality of quantum physics.
- NewsA new algorithm efficiently solves the graph isomorphism problem, which has puzzled computer scientists for decades.
- Science TickerThe discovery of GJ 1132b, the nearest Earth-sized planet known beyond the solar system, could herald the era of probing the atmospheres of nearby worlds for signs of life.
- Science TickerInitially stationary water droplets can bounce on an extremely water-repellent surface as if on a trampoline.
- News in BriefInitially stationary water droplets can bounce on an extremely water-repellent surface as if on a trampoline.
- NewsA new chemical technique makes it easier to extract the radioactive element americium from used nuclear fuel, potentially paving the way for better ways to reprocess and recycle nuclear waste.