Andrew Grant's Articles
- Science TickerStephen Hawking and colleagues have finally provided more information about how black holes might preserve information.
- Science TickerA new phase of hydrogen could represent the stepping stone for transforming element 1 into a metal.
- News in BriefA new phase of hydrogen could represent the stepping stone for transforming element 1 into a metal.
- Mystery SolvedTiny grooves and an oily sheath prevent water droplets from freezing on the feathers of some penguins.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn ‘Dark Matter and the Dinosaurs,’ Lisa Randall finds connections between particle physics, cosmology, geology and paleontology.
- News in BriefThe four newest elements on the periodic table gain official recognition and will be getting new names soon.
- News in BriefA leaky instrument will push back launch of the Mars InSight lander by at least two years.
- Science TickerThe launch of the Mars InSight lander is suspended until at least 2018 because of a faulty seismometer.
- NewsThe universe’s first supermassive black holes may have formed directly from gas in colliding galaxies, new simulations suggest.
- News in BriefA pair of pulsars gives scientists the best evidence so far for gravitational waves, which have yet to be detected directly.