Andrew Grant covers physics and dabbles in astronomy for Science News. He started his science journalism career at Discover magazine in New York, where as associate editor he wrote and edited feature stories and ran the front-of-the-book news section. Andrew has a bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey and a master’s in journalism from New York University’s Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program. His story “Cosmic Blueprint of Life” appeared in The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology in 2011.
Andrew Grant's Articles
- FeatureThe Kepler space telescope finishes a brilliant career.
- FeatureThe planetary probe is the first human-made object to break out of the heliosphere.
- FeatureThe satellite data hint at a slower expansion rate for universe.
- NewsA new method could help identify habitable planets.
- News in BriefExperiment finds no signs of asymmetry, which would point to undiscovered particles.
- NewsPlumes from ice-covered oceans would increase likelihood of life-friendly conditions on one moon of Jupiter.
- News in BriefWarmer, wetter conditions lasted until 3.5 billion years ago on the Red Planet.
- Reviews & PreviewsAstronaut and author Chris Hadfield discusses life in, and after, space.
- NewsSpeedy particles detected in Antarctica may point to gargantuan black holes or cataclysmic explosions.
- NewsRock could reveal what Mars was like 4.4 billion years ago.