Andrew Grant covers physics and dabbles in astronomy for Science News. He started his science journalism career at Discover magazine in New York, where as associate editor he wrote and edited feature stories and ran the front-of-the-book news section. Andrew has a bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey and a master’s in journalism from New York University’s Science, Health and Environmental Reporting Program. His story “Cosmic Blueprint of Life” appeared in The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology in 2011.
Andrew Grant's Articles
- NewsA technique can fuse nuclei without producing harmful neutrons, but it is far from being power plant–ready.
- FeatureThough the 1970s-era space probe has finally slipped into an interstellar realm, in some senses it is still very much within the bounds of the solar system.
- FeatureThe demands of modern computing call for a seismic shift in data storage and retrieval.
- NewsPreviously seen at the megascale, gravitational lensing goes micro.
- Reviews & PreviewsAn astronaut and a NASA expert consider the reality of the film’s space dangers.
- NewsSolar blast data provides definitive evidence that Voyager 1 has cruised beyond the heliosphere and into interstellar space.
- NewsCompounds in space rocks like the one that broke up over California may have helped seed life on Earth.
- NewsNew timeline of ancient civilization’s earliest days finds little time between earliest villages and dominant centralized state.
- NewsAlmost twice as ancient, the distant star gives a glimpse of the sun's future.
- NewsThick, rigid crust of ice encases Saturn's largest moon, perplexing scientists.