Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsThe moon’s magnetic field could have lasted until about a billion years ago.
- RethinkAn exquisitely preserved fossil shows that an ancient armored reptile called Eusaurosphargis dalsassoi wasn’t aquatic, as scientists had suspected.
- NewsIf climate change is left unchecked, simulations show extreme heat waves in densely populated agricultural regions of India and Pakistan.
- News in BriefA reconstruction of the first flowers suggests the ancient blooms were bisexual.
- NewsNot long after its birth, Venus may have rocked a water ocean, new simulations suggest.
- NewsA galaxy may swipe up to half of its atoms from other galaxies, making the Milky Way mostly extragalactic stuff, new simulations suggest.
- NewsAn analysis of ridges in a crater of Margaritifer Terra on Mars offers evidence of ancient hot springs and also hints at the potential for finding signs of life.
- NewsJupiter-mass planets without parent solar systems are less common than astronomers thought, a new study suggests.
- Say What?Newly proposed space objects called synestias are large, spinning hunks of mostly vaporized rock. They look like a jelly-filled doughnut.
- NewsDog domestication may be the result of just a few genetic changes, including ones that made canines more interested in interacting with people.