Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsA planetary system called TRAPPIST-1 has seven Earth-sized planets, three in the habitable zone, researchers report.
- NewsMicrobes trapped in crystals in Mexico's Naica mine may represent some of the most distinct life-forms found in Earth so far.
- NewsNASA is working on a possible lander mission in which the main science goal would be to search for signs of life on Jupiter’s moon Europa.
- Science TickerJuno will remain in its 53-day orbit around Jupiter due to an issue with two helium check valves, NASA reports.
- Science & the PublicA camera aboard NASA’s Juno spacecraft is giving citizen scientists a crack at discovering never-before-seen features of Jupiter.
- NewsA black hole with about 2,200 times the mass of the sun has been detected. If confirmed, it could represent a new type of gas-starved black holes and hint at how supermassive ones may form.
- NewsGravitational lensing has revealed extremely faint galaxies in the early universe, suggesting these tiny galaxies were responsible for cosmic reionization.
- NewsFour clouds of gas near the galactic center have roughly the right mass to be young stars, possibly with planets.
- How BizarreA 10,000-kilometer-long gravity wave arched across the upper atmosphere of Venus. The feature may have been the largest of its kind in the solar system.
- Science TickerComet 67P is shooting off brilliant jets of gas and dust as it swings in close to the sun, giving scientists clues to the space rocks chemical composition.