Ashley Yeager's Articles
- Science TickerComet 67P is shooting off brilliant jets of gas and dust as it swings in close to the sun, giving scientists clues to the space rocks chemical composition.
- FeatureBrain cells called glia may be center stage when it comes to learning and memory, recent research suggests.
- Reviews & PreviewsPaleontologist Donald Prothero takes readers through the evolution of life on Earth from the earliest oozes of goo to our recent relative Lucy.
- NewsNew Horizons’ latest data reveal more hints about Pluto’s shrinking atmosphere and possible underground ocean.
- 50 Years AgoFifty years ago, Mariner 4 revealed that the Red Planet was peppered with craters. Now we know pockmarks are common on many other planets and moons, too.
- Science TickerBoas actually kill by constricting blood flow of their prey, not suffocating them, as scientists previously suspected.
- Science TickerA new dino named Wendiceratops pinhornensis gives hints about how Triceratops and other relatives got their horns.
- Science TickerSnatching blood clots from the brain with a wire mesh stent is a new stroke treatment that is now supported in the United States.
- How BizarreHallucigenia sparsa gives hints to how some animals ended up with teeth in their guts and platelike pieces around their mouths.
- Science TickerEggs of some species of warbler and weaver birds appear to have individual signatures, which can help distinguish them from the eggs of parasitic cuckoos.