Ashley Yeager's Articles
- Science & the PublicHurricanes such as Harvey, Irma and others have been devastating, even deadly, yet they drive our desire for scientific discovery.
- TeaserBy studying variations in the rings of Uranus, researchers have determined the mass and density of the planet’s moon Cressida.
- Science TickerBy studying variations in the rings of Uranus, researchers have determined the mass and density of the planet’s moon Cressida.
- How BizarreIce has taken on a strange structure, with its water molecules arranged in nearly perfect cubes.
- NewsWhen clouds of water-ice particles cool at night, snow starts to fall rapidly on Mars, simulations suggest. The squalls could explain observations made by the Phoenix lander in 2008.
- NewsThe moon’s magnetic field could have lasted until about a billion years ago.
- RethinkAn exquisitely preserved fossil shows that an ancient armored reptile called Eusaurosphargis dalsassoi wasn’t aquatic, as scientists had suspected.
- NewsIf climate change is left unchecked, simulations show extreme heat waves in densely populated agricultural regions of India and Pakistan.
- News in BriefA reconstruction of the first flowers suggests the ancient blooms were bisexual.
- NewsNot long after its birth, Venus may have rocked a water ocean, new simulations suggest.