Ashley Yeager's Articles
- News in BriefAnalysis of Ebola genomes shows how the virus has evolved and some of the mutations that may thwart treatments.
- NewsAdvanced imaging may reveal how well chronic pain treatments work.
- NewsComparing reconstructions of past drought conditions with models of future dryness shows that the Central Plains and Southwest U.S. will become the driest in a millennium.
- News in BriefF-shaped holes move air faster, allowing classic violins to put out more powerful sounds at lower frequencies than their ancestors, a new study shows.
- NewsNew experiences can rewire old brains — but the timing has to be just right.
- NewsIn mice, specific nerve cells control compulsive sugar consumption, but not normal feeding, hinting at a new therapeutic target for treating obesity.
- NewsMice without immune systems who receive stressed immune cells are less anxious and more social, suggesting that the immune system can adapt to stress.
- NewsAging influences the breakdown of the blood-brain barrier, which may contribute to learning and memory problems later in life.
- NewsA newfound set of brain connections appears to control fear memories, a finding that may lead to a better understanding of PTSD and other anxiety disorders.
- Growth CurveTaking naps after learning seems to help babies less than a year old make memories and keep them, for about a day anyway.