Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsPluto’s collapsing atmosphere may explain the dwarf planet’s seemingly random ruddy spots.
- News in BriefLandslides on comet 67P shot plumes of dust into space, but changes like these might not radically alter the landscape of the comet.
- NewsSlower-than-expected velocities of stars in distant galaxies, if confirmed, could reshape astronomers’ ideas of galaxy formation and evolution.
- NewsThe first stardust ever generated in the universe may have been spotted in a distant galaxy, seen as it was 600 million years after the Big Bang.
- NewsThe turbulent winds that swirl around black holes are probably driven by magnetic fields, scientists say.
- News in BriefVolcanoes that spew hydrogen could increase the number of potentially habitable planets in the universe.
- The –estA supermassive black hole about 1.8 billion light-years away has been gorging on the same star for a record-breaking decade.
- NewsA planetary system called TRAPPIST-1 has seven Earth-sized planets, three in the habitable zone, researchers report.
- NewsMicrobes trapped in crystals in Mexico's Naica mine may represent some of the most distinct life-forms found in Earth so far.
- NewsNASA is working on a possible lander mission in which the main science goal would be to search for signs of life on Jupiter’s moon Europa.