Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsNot long after its birth, Venus may have rocked a water ocean, new simulations suggest.
- NewsA galaxy may swipe up to half of its atoms from other galaxies, making the Milky Way mostly extragalactic stuff, new simulations suggest.
- NewsAn analysis of ridges in a crater of Margaritifer Terra on Mars offers evidence of ancient hot springs and also hints at the potential for finding signs of life.
- NewsJupiter-mass planets without parent solar systems are less common than astronomers thought, a new study suggests.
- Say What?Newly proposed space objects called synestias are large, spinning hunks of mostly vaporized rock. They look like a jelly-filled doughnut.
- NewsDog domestication may be the result of just a few genetic changes, including ones that made canines more interested in interacting with people.
- NewsAn iceberg about the size of Delaware splintered from the Larsen C ice shelf in one of the largest calving events ever recorded.
- NewsScent molecules hitch a ride on a particular protein to escape flowers.
- Science & the PublicNew stats on firearm deaths and injuries are disturbing, but the picture to make policy is far from complete, researchers say.
- The –estA new camera’s record-breaking speed offers researchers a window into never-before-seen phenomena, such as combustion reactions.