Ashley Yeager's Articles
- NewsDog domestication may be the result of just a few genetic changes, including ones that made canines more interested in interacting with people.
- NewsAn iceberg about the size of Delaware splintered from the Larsen C ice shelf in one of the largest calving events ever recorded.
- NewsScent molecules hitch a ride on a particular protein to escape flowers.
- Science & the PublicNew stats on firearm deaths and injuries are disturbing, but the picture to make policy is far from complete, researchers say.
- The –estA new camera’s record-breaking speed offers researchers a window into never-before-seen phenomena, such as combustion reactions.
- Science TickerThe crack in Antarctica’s Larsen C ice shelf grew another 17 kilometers between May 25 and May 31, 2017 and is at risk of breaking off a massive iceberg.
- ScreentimeBackyard Worlds: Planet 9, a citizen science project, lets space enthusiasts search for undiscovered objects in the sky, including a hypothesized planet at the far reaches of the solar system.
- Science VisualizedSimulations of HAT-P 7b’s magnetic field give clues to why the exoplanet’s winds blow both east and west.
- NewsNASA’s Juno spacecraft has sent back unexpected details about Jupiter, giving scientists their first intimate look at the giant planet.
- News in BriefFollow-up observations of TRAPPIST-1 and its seven planets reveals details about the outermost one.