Ashley Yeager's Articles
- Science TickerBlue whales and their closest relatives have stretchy nerves near their mouths so they can open wide and swallow a lot of prey.
- Science VisualizedA mouse’s optic nerve fluoresces in a rainbow of colors. The image offers a detailed look at nerve-protector cells called oligodendrocytes.
- NewsLight-activated, human-made particles can align themselves with the flow of a fluid and swim upstream.
- NewsA new dino called Yi qi may have taken to the skies with wings akin to those of pterosaurs and flying squirrels.
- NewsFossils of a bizarre-looking dinosaur found in Chile are challenging ideas about how dinosaurs adapted to their environments.
- NewsBold snails have tougher shells than shy snails. Understanding what drives snails to develop such differences is a bit of a challenge.
- Science TickerTo make public subway systems more efficient, researchers track smart card taps and flag problem stations.
- 50 Years AgoMoon dust didn’t swallow spacecraft as was suggested in the 1960s. Successful exploration since that has changed our view of the moon.
- Science TickerThe internal clocks of mice are sensitive to changes in the sky’s colors. Humans’ clocks may work similarly, offering a tool to trump jet lag.
- NewsAn octopus crawls unlike any other animal. Mimicking the cephalopod’s control over its movements may lead to more agile robots.