Ashley Yeager's Articles
- ScreentimeBackyard Worlds: Planet 9, a citizen science project, lets space enthusiasts search for undiscovered objects in the sky, including a hypothesized planet at the far reaches of the solar system.
- Science VisualizedSimulations of HAT-P 7b’s magnetic field give clues to why the exoplanet’s winds blow both east and west.
- NewsNASA’s Juno spacecraft has sent back unexpected details about Jupiter, giving scientists their first intimate look at the giant planet.
- News in BriefFollow-up observations of TRAPPIST-1 and its seven planets reveals details about the outermost one.
- Science TickerFollow-up observations of TRAPPIST-1 and its seven planets reveals details about the outermost one.
- NewsDuring a heat wave, trees and shrubs can sharply raise ozone levels, a new study shows.
- NewsCompared with Neptune, HAT-P-26b’s atmosphere has few heavy elements, suggesting it formed differently than the ice giants in Earth’s solar system.
- News in BriefA fossil embryo known as Baby Louie has been identified as a new species of dinosaur called Beibeilong sinensis.
- NewsMolecular oxygen detected around comet 67P may not be a relic of the solar system’s birth. Instead, it may be generated by interactions of water, the solar wind and the comet’s surface.
- News in BriefResearchers developed the structure-based color printing technique as an alternative to ink-based printing, in which colors fade with time.