Beth Mole's Articles
- ScreentimeThe American Chemical Society breaks down complex reactions of everyday life in zippy online video clips.
- NewsCyanoform, a chemical sought for more than a century and written into textbooks, is one of the strongest organic acids.
- NewsDeadly air pollution comes from surprising sources, but toxicity of different types is still up in the air.
- Science TickerBy injuring the Himalayan mayapple, researchers worked out how the plant makes an important ingredient in a common cancer drug.
- NewsSeals spew amassed mercury when they shed, creating hotbeds of pollution in otherwise pristine coastal environments.
- NewsReplacements for BPA called BPS and BPSIP may raise health risks for cashiers.
- NewsNanogenerators offer body-harvested energy to fuel bionic future
- NewsHoneybees may deliver doses of probiotics to the hive to help feed baby bees’ microbiome.
- FeatureAutomated molecular synthesis may win over chemists who are not convinced that more technology in drug design is better.
- Mystery SolvedGluing proteins contain their own built-in primer.