Beth Mole's Articles
- NewsNewly discovered gut compounds called drilodefensins allow earthworms to pack in plant debris loaded with hazardous chemicals.
- NewsFat dust bunnies may contain obesity-boosting chemicals.
- NewsTruffles make their prized aroma with a little help from their microbes, chemists suggest.
- Science StatsFracking at shallow depths is unexpectedly common in the United States and raises new concern for drinking water contamination.
- NewsUsing enzymes and microbes to make new drugs may help revive the pharmaceutical industry.
- Science TickerBooming phytoplankton populations spark cloud formation in the Southern Ocean.
- It's AliveThe common fungus Beauveria bassiana makes white downy corpses of its victims.
- 50 Years AgoResearchers unveiled a gun-shaped flame detector in 1965
- NewsClimate change is shrinking bumblebee habitat as southern territories heat up and bumblebees hold their lines in the north.
- NewsThe unusual enzyme behind roses’ sweet smell may help researchers revive the flower’s potent aroma.