Beth Mole joined Science News in fall 2013. Beth has a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and a science communication degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She most recently completed a writing internship at Nature, and previously held internships at the Chronicle of Higher Education and The Scientist.
Chemistry and Environment Writer
Beth Mole's Articles
- NewsParticles inside a sphere assemble into ordered ribbons, not lumps.
- Science VisualizedThe biggest expense in sequencing a human genome now is the cost of storing it.
- News in BriefTiny synthetic structures modeled after bone are as sturdy as metal.
- NewsDNA binding creates potentially nontoxic tumor-targeting structures.
- NewsIn the Upper Midwest, switchgrass trumps maize at boosting ecological health.
- News in BriefAntioxidants in drink may keep intestinal cells from taking up drug.
- News in BriefAn experiment bucks earlier finding that ridges help fingers grasp.
- News in BriefA device that relies on organic molecules could cheaply bank power from renewable sources.
- The ListScientists continue to decode the genetic blueprints of the planet’s myriad flora and fauna.
- NewsHot, compressed sodium chloride stretches the fundamental rules of matter.