Carolyn Barry's Articles
- NewsPrions, deformed proteins that cause brain-destroying diseases such as chronic wasting disease or mad cow disease, are more infectious when bound to soil particles.
- NewsA hepatitis B drug spurs resistance to HIV drugs in people infected with both diseases.
- NewsReprogrammed mouse skin cells that act as stem cells may offer an alternative for research involving embryos.
- NewsPeople allergic to dust mites, mold, grass, and other common irritants—but not to cats—still have greater breathing difficulties when they live around the animals.
- NewsModerate consumption of beer, wine, or gin lowers blood glucose, perhaps helping to stave off type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- NewsFossils found in the head-thrown-back position, the so-called "dead bird" pose, probably died from central nervous system damage.