Christen Brownlee's Articles
- NewsScientists have identified an area of the brain where damage seems to quickly halt a person's desire to smoke.
- NewsScientists have taken a first read of the genetic sequence of the organism responsible for a sexually transmitted infection called trichomoniasis.
- NewsResearchers have genetically engineered hens that can not only produce useful drugs in their eggs but also reliably pass on this characteristic to new generations of chickens.
- NewsNewly designed nanoparticles could have dual benefits in the fight against cancer.
- Food for ThoughtA Food and Drug Administration analysis concludes that food from cloned animals is safe, but the effort and expense involved in creating these animals means that products from them won't be in markets anytime soon.
- NewsResearchers have tracked down a pair of genes that, together, seem responsible for some insects' ability to sense carbon dioxide.
- NewsScientists have discovered a new type of stem cell in the fluid that bathes fetuses in the womb.
- NewsScientists have developed a device that filters from blood the mutant proteins that cause the human form of mad cow disease, an advance that may hold promise for increasing the safety of donated blood.
- NewsA single swap in the letters of a gene's sequence could modify the protein it encodes, even if it doesn't change which amino acids make up the molecule.