Christen Brownlee's Articles
- NewsA protein on the surfaces of select tongue cells may play a pivotal role in detecting sour taste.
- NewsA type of cancer in dogs is transferred from animal to animal by exchange of cancer cells.
- NewsProlonged and frequent use of fetal ultrasound might lead to abnormal fetal brain development, a study in mice suggests.
- NewsThe protein that forms the backbone of blood clots can stretch to several times its own length and then snap back to its original size.
- NewsResearchers have tracked down the location of a body clock that appears to be regulated by food.
- NewsThe amounts of protein produced by a particular set of genes could give researchers clues to how much a person or another animal has aged.
- NewsThe two sexes vary in the amounts of proteins produced by thousands of genes.
- NewsA seaweed derivative that's commonly added to many consumer products as a thickening agent can inhibit the virus that causes cervical cancer and genital warts.
- NewsThe wool of woolly mammoths may have come in at least two shades.
- FeatureResearchers are developing ways to harvest babies' genes in less invasive ways.