Davide Castelvecchi's Articles
- NewsA new chemical technique shows promise in identifying traces of explosives, illicit drugs and perhaps even signs of disease.
- NewsTrying to grow better, longer nanotubes, researchers accidentally discover a new type of carbon filament, colossal carbon tubes, which are tens of thousands of times thicker.
- NewsAt high pressures, inner electrons begin to affect the structure of lithium.
- FeatureQuantum encryption is here, but the laws of physics can do much more than protect privacy.
- NewsNew studies with different fuel cell catalysts show promising results.
- NewsSimulating new materials could help in building them — but only quantum simulators could fully model reality. A team reports a first step in realizing quantum simulation.
- NewsThe length of bonds connecting water molecules could demonstrate quantum effects and help explain some of water’s weirdness.
- Reviews & Previews
- NewsHydrogen fuel cells can eventually replace the combustion engine, but meanwhile a wider range of technologies will be needed to reduce carbon emissions.
- NewsElectron microscopes can now image single atoms of hydrogen.