Davide Castelvecchi's Articles
- NewsLight behaves like waves or particles, but it doesn’t know what it will do in advance.
- Reviews & Previews
- NewsSurfaces that mimic the back of an African beetle can collect water from fog.
- NewsTime-lapse snapshots of molecules show that they change shapes less often than theory predicted.
- NewsNeutrons can produce 3-D scans of a magnetic field, even inside a solid.
- NewsTesting the toxicity of dozens of nanoparticles en masse may offer a faster track to medical applications.
- NewsA country’s development seems tied to the size of its executive cabinet, and a mathematical model helps explain why.
- NewsResearchers have shown that a grip that’s too tight can be counterproductive, especially on a microscopic object — but the findings could apply to fields ranging from ecology to sociology.
- NewsMusical theorists see inuitive links between musical chords and geometries.
- NewsA new type of electronic component could shrink computer chips and make them more powerful.