Devin Powell's Articles
- NewsMaterials appear to build up charge by exchanging tiny bits of material, a study concludes.
- NewsA physicist develops a rule of thumb for getting the ball in the hole.
- NewsIn lab experiments, physicists trying to understand earthquakes are bumping up against the limitations of existing theory.
- NewsA glowing cell can produce laser light.
- NewsPhysicists reach out and touch an equation.
- News in BriefA new way to cough, music for the deaf, toadfish sonic sabotage and more in meeting news.
- NewsAn international team of physicists confirms a long-held theory about the quantum energy that fills empty space.
- NewsScientists investigating the nexus between sound and touch suggest that the ear arose from skin.
- NewsTheir subsonic mating bellows generate Faraday waves, a phenomenon almost never seen outside the lab.
- NewsRe-creating tiny versions of these monster swells in a laboratory tank reveals their mathematical underpinnings.