Devin Powell's Articles
- NewsA South Carolina teen makes the finals of the 2012 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair by developing a directed neutron source.
- On the SceneThe 2012 Intel International Science & Engineering Fair opened in Pittsburgh on May 13, with more than 1,500 high school students attending the weeklong competition.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsWarming climate is expected to trigger the sudden retreat of a partially floating glacier on the continent’s western side by 2100.
- NewsCountry kids had a greater diversity of bacteria associated with increased levels of the anti-inflammatory molecule IL-10.
- NewsHerky-jerky motion of the island’s ice suggests that melting ice is unlikely to contribute to dramatic sea level rise this century, but the news isn’t all good.
- NewsWarmer atmosphere may be to blame for changes in the water cycle.
- NewsNew data offer support for a modified mathematical pattern in birds’ hunting behavior.
- NewsMicrobes in gut, rather than genetic changes, allow insects to develop chemical resistance.