Devin Powell's Articles
- NewsGreenland's Helheim Glacier is shedding ice at a high rate.
- NewsEurope’s LHC collider finds traces of what could be the Higgs boson, a theoretical entity that explains why matter has mass.
- NewsMicrobes fuel a weak electrical current at hydrothermal vents.
- NewsSeasonal patterns in earthquakes and volcanic eruptions can be linked to rain and snow in certain locations.
- NewsThe Holy Land’s salt lake ran out of water during a warm spell about 120,000 years ago, which suggests it could disappear again.
- NewsGerman scientists claim to have squeezed the gas into a liquid that could have multiple applications.
- NewsIt conducts electricity without resistance, sure; but a new material could also demonstrate the existence of a particle proposed 70 years ago.
- NewsFish coordinate with one, or perhaps two, of their neighbors to make group travel a swimming success.
- NewsAuditory experts decipher the blood-curdling nature of fingernails on a chalkboard.