Erika Engelhaupt's Articles
- Gory DetailsA mysterious copy of the ‘Mona Lisa’ combines with the Louvre painting to make a stereoscopic image of the woman with the enigmatic smile.
- Gory DetailsA new study suggesting that women select better musicians shows how women’s role in evolution is being redefined.
- ScreentimeA new documentary explores how the human body came together over 3.5 billion years of animal evolution.
- Gory DetailsA new recycling system turns pee into drinking water and energy, a small step toward really long-term space travel.
- Gory DetailsSwimming pools are basically chemical toilets, but here’s why I’ll keep swimming.
- Gory DetailsA skull implant made with a 3-D printer replaced the 2-inch-thick skull of a Dutch woman with the rare van Buchem disease.
- Gory DetailsThermal images of bank clerks who’ve been robbed reveal a cold nose can be a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.
- Gory DetailsAn Israeli police lab is studying methods to develop fingerprints on rock to identify stone throwers.
- Gory DetailsStudies that link attractiveness to other traits are often misinterpreted, including recent studies of nose bacteria and of cycling ability.
- Gory DetailsBoth armpit and ear wax secretions are smellier in Caucasians than in Asians, thanks to a tiny genetic change that differs across ethnic groups.