Gabriel Popkin's Articles
- NewsVariations in energy and rainfall over the Southern Hemisphere follow a pattern that repeats every 20 to 30 days.
- News in BriefAncient Chinese fossil beds were preserved by high-speed rivers of volcanic rock and gas.
- Reviews & PreviewsWith its free Images of Change iPad app and online gallery, NASA makes the aerial perspective available to all, with results both stunning and disturbing.
- News in BriefA study of dust gives astronomers a sharper picture of cold gas.
- NewsBy allowing particle masses to change, a new theory suggests how the universe could have arisen without a Big Bang.
- News in BriefA study of clouds on a nearby brown dwarf reveals partial cloud cover.
- News in BriefTiny hairlike sensors made from nanomaterials are more sensitive than existing devices to detect tiny pressures.
- NewsAstronomers say they have glimpsed a brightly lit strand of the cosmic web, the universe’s underlying structure
- IntroducingMimicking sea creatures instead of insects leads to better hovering, scientists find.
- NewsVast reservoirs of previously undetected gas could account for much of galaxies’ matter, solving a cosmic mystery.