Authored Articles' Articles
- Gory DetailsSwimming pools are basically chemical toilets, but here’s why I’ll keep swimming.
- Gory DetailsDespite what the Internet says, urine does contain bacteria, a new study finds. And so does your brain, the womb, and pretty much everywhere else.
- Science TickerA recent supernova shines with the light of 600 billion suns.
- Growth CurveThere’s no shortage of advice out there for parents, but some pearls of wisdom simply aren’t true.
- NewsImmune response to brain-eating amoeba may be the real killer.
- Gory DetailsBoth armpit and ear wax secretions are smellier in Caucasians than in Asians, thanks to a tiny genetic change that differs across ethnic groups.
- NewsPsychologists and philosophers convene to discuss the roots of shared knowledge at a meeting in Waltham, Mass.
- NewsColonial-era graves reveal leading figures in founding of English America.
- FeatureSeveral observations in the last 85 years have given astronomers a little more information about Pluto, and the July 2015 flyby will offer the closest look yet at the solar system's far-flung satellite.
- ScicuriousWomen don’t signal their fertility in obvious ways like nonhuman primates. A new study shows that even skin flushes are too subtle to detect.