Gwyneth Dickey's Articles
- NewsA bacterial foe gives the immune system a boost to seek and destroy melanoma. The findings may point to a vaccine for melanoma and other malignancies.
- NewsScientists have found regions that may be involved in storing the sights, smells, and sounds of emotional memories.
- NewsA comparison of African and European children concludes that high-fiber, low-fat diets cultivate healthier intestinal microflora.
- NewsCell-by-cell analysis finds big differences among genetically identical cells.
- NewsA new analysis traces the group’s origin to South America.
- NewsA new map shows forest height around the globe and will improve estimates of how much carbon is stored in trees.
- NewsA new study in dogs finds that antioxidants and enriched lifestyle can ward off symptoms, and suggests brain plaques may not be the cause of the disease.
- NewsScientists have developed the first topical treatment that can prevent HIV infection among women.
- NewsA gene governing production of male reproductive cells goes back to a common ancestor that lived about 600 million years ago, a study finds.
- NewsThe Rosetta spacecraft returns images of asteroid 21 Lutetia.