Ivars Peterson's Articles
- Math TrekShoppers tend to be a lot less efficient than they could be when picking up groceries at the supermarket.
- Math TrekA computer model can help select movie scripts that lead to success at the box office.
- Math TrekThe Pythagorean theorem and geometric series played leading roles in two legal disputes.
- Math TrekNumbers, lines, squares, and shadows add up to an intriguing set of artworks rooted in mathematical concepts.
- Math TrekMath-inspired and science-related artworks enliven an imaginatively landscaped sliver of parkland.
- Math TrekFractions can yield amazingly familiar decimal expansions.
- Math TrekDigital records allow social scientists to study online communities and the diffusion of innovation.
- Math TrekFor subway flooring, why switch from hexagonal to square tiles?
- FeatureA remarkable geometric shape made up of a sequence of triangles leads to a host of intriguing forms and mobile structures.
- Math TrekKnotted proteins are rare but more than just random occurrences.