Jessa Netting's Articles
- NewsTwo labs tasted victory in a race to identify a candidate gene for controlling our proverbial sweet tooth.
- NewsA sperm protein for movement also prompts egg maturation and ovulation.
- NewsAn abnormal protein associated with Huntington's disease kills cells by stealing another protein needed for cell survival.
- NewsSensory nerves of the star-nosed mole may race to occupy brain space early in development.
- NewsScientists tinkering with a chemical now vital to life think they've recreated one of the central molecules that gave rise to the chemistry of life.
- FeatureOnce believed to be a supporting cast, the brain cells called astrocytes appear to play important roles in many brain scenarios.
- NewsThe finding of a cytoskeleton in Bacillus subtilis bacteria eliminates a fundamental difference between bacteria and higher (eukaryotic) cells.
- NewsScientists have found the gene that directs chloroplasts to dance out of a cell's shaded edges to soak up the sun or back into that shade when the light is too intense.
- NewsOne type of restriction enzyme not only cuts a DNA strand but also looks like a pair of scissors.
- NewsAmoebas having trouble dividing produce a chemical signal that draws other amoebas to the scene.