Jessica Gorman's Articles
- NewsInventors of a new process for producing titanium claim that their method can reduce the metal's cost to one-third its current price.
- NewsResearchers have created yeast cells that add one of five unnatural amino acids to their natural 20-piece construction set.
- NewsResearchers simulating Martian conditions in a test tube discover a likely reason why no organic molecules have yet been found on the surface of the Red Planet.
- NewsInterlocked molecular rings form new minirotors, including some in which scientists can control the rotational direction.
- FeatureA decade-old method for creating thin coatings is poised to move from the lab to countless low- and high-tech products.
- NewsNew analyses of the jaws of marine worms may lead scientists to better ways of making synthetic materials.
- NewsResearchers have used miniature, nested cylinders, called multiwalled carbon nanotubes, to make a motor only 300 nanometers long.
- NewsIn a step toward a new laboratory-on-a-chip technology, researchers have grown a dense polymer film on a silicon wafer that takes up and releases proteins on command.
- NewsNew sensors use carbon nanotubes to analyze gas.
- NewsA new, inexpensive catalyst could make hydrogen generation cleaner.