John Travis' Articles
- NewsBy fusing two egg cells, researchers have created a mouse with no father.
- NewsResearchers have now revealed details of the biochemical signals that drive muscle atrophy.
- NewsSuccessful treatment of Fabry's disease—a rare, fatal genetic condition—prompts a law suit.
- NewsUsing an enzyme made in rabbit's milk, scientists have successfully treated a rare genetic disorder.
- NewsResearchers have successfully treated people with rheumatoid arthritis by temporarily wiping out most of their antibody-producing immune cells.
- NewsA woman's thyroid gland contains male cells, suggesting that cells from her son passed into her when he was a fetus.
- NewsA genetic study indicates that moderate consumption of alcohol helps keep the heart healthy.
- NewsThe body may metabolize nicotine into products that the lungs subsequently may convert into a potent compound that causes lung cancer.
- NewsFat cells secrete a hormone that tells the brain to boost the body's metabolic rate.
- NewsA compound that stimulates nerve-cell activity may help the brain recover from serious head injuries.