John Travis' Articles
- NewsEven before they begin to carry blood, blood vessels provide signals that help spark the development of organs such as the liver.
- NewsDrugs such as insulin may be delivered by inhaling mists of medicine-containing alcohol.
- NewsEven a short-term diet may activate anti-aging genes.
- NewsA gene on chromosome 4 may help people live to an old age.
- NewsHuman embryonic stem cells may provide a new source of blood and bone marrow.
- NewsHIV may directly interact with cells in arteries, predisposing people to heart attacks.
- FeatureProteins called toll-like receptors allow human immune cells to detect microbes.
- NewsScientists have built a device that can hear the movement of viral particles in fluids.
- NewsInsulin may reduce inflammation and protect the heart.
- NewsAn unusual mouse strain can regenerate heart tissue when the organ is damaged.