John Travis' Articles
- NewsSerotonin, a chemical typically associated with the brain, also controls milk production in mammary glands.
- Food for ThoughtA special tea may be an alternative to fluorescent lights for treating newborns who suffer from jaundice.
- NewsDeactivating a single gene can produce mice with an abnormally sharp sense of smell.
- NewsA new study links antibiotic use to breast cancer, although it's not clear the drugs cause the disease.
- NewsScientists have for the first time carried test-tube cloning of a human embryo to the stage at which it can yield stem cells.
- NewsA newly identified bacterial protein generates the sinuous shapes of some bacteria.
- FeatureChemical tags applied to proteins that DNA wraps around regulate genetic activity.
- NewsThe increasing amount of oxygen in Earth's atmosphere may have driven the emergence of complex life.
- NewsProteins crucial for muscle strength begin to function poorly as rats get older.
- NewsThe AIDS virus uses immune system proteins to hitch rides on the antibody factories known as B cells, possibly helping it find potential host cells.