Julie Rehmeyer's Articles
- NewsA new drug-delivery method has dramatically reduced tumors in experiments conducted with mice.
- NewsResearchers have identified a gene responsible for boosting the protein, iron, and zinc content of some varieties of wild wheat by 10 to 15 percent.
- NewsIn response to a new predator, lizards on several Caribbean islands underwent selection first for long legs and then for short legs.
- NewsChronic back pain affects different parts of the brain than acute back pain does, magnetic resonance images reveal.
- FeatureBreast milk has long been known to be the best food for babies, but compounds in breast milk promise to be a tonic for many adult ills as well.
- NewsScientists have completed the first survey of virus DNA in oceans around the world.
- NewsBabies who die of sudden infant death syndrome show abnormalities in the regulation of the chemical serotonin in their brains.
- NewsAntique whale oil shows that some mysterious compounds that resemble DDT and PCBs are naturally produced.
- NewsThe first high-resolution images sent by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter support the notion that water once flowed across much of the Red Planet.
- NewsNASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has just completed a week of picture taking from as low as 300 kilometers above the surface of the Red Planet.