Julie Rehmeyer's Articles
- Math TrekPredicting a baseball player's future batting average (and many other things) is not as simple as relying on past performance, mathematicians say.
- Math TrekTheorists find the first example of an elusive complex function that just may help them solve the biggest problem in mathematics.
- Math TrekFrom Iraq to Sierra Leone to New Orleans, statistical tools help guide responses to human rights crises.
- Math TrekBeginning in the 17th century, the Japanese adorned temples with beautiful wooden tablets that depicted mathematical questions and theorems, apparently as offerings to the gods.
- Math TrekThe only way to ensure that the person the voters prefer walks away the winner, mathematicians say, is to fundamentally change voting procedures.
- Math TrekMusic is an audible exploration of hyperdimensional geometries, according to new research.
- Math TrekSophie Germain had a bold program to prove Fermat's Last Theorem, but it was doomed to fail.
- Math TrekThe first female research mathematician had a program to solve Fermat's Last Theorem, and it was almost lost to history.
- Math TrekVisualizations of mathematics create remarkable artwork.
- Math TrekMathematician nominated for award for restoring the only known recording of a live Woody Guthrie performance.