Julie Rehmeyer's Articles
- NewsFeatured Math Trek column: The Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, a cooperative computing project, helps find a prime that has nearly 13 million digits.
- Math TrekThe mathematics of dynamical systems reveals ocean dynamics, an understanding that could improve the monitoring of ocean processes.
- Math TrekThe Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, a cooperative computing project, helps find a prime that has nearly 13 million digits.
- Math Trek
- Math TrekHenri Cartan, one of the leaders of a revolution in mathematics, dies at 104.
- Math TrekMathematicians create videos that help in visualizing four-dimensional objects.
- Math TrekMath Trek: If we have free will, so do subatomic particles, mathematicians claim to prove.
- Math TrekQuasicrystals are bizarre, rare, mysterious materials blending mathematical order and irregularity. A new, unexpected material halfway between a regular crystal and a quasicrystal may help reveal their secrets.
- Math TrekMath Trek: The National Aquatics Center in Beijing, newly built for the Olympics, is a glowing cube of bubbles. The mathematics behind it are built around Lord Kelvin's tetrakaidecahedra and the physics of foam.
- Math TrekWho will win the election in November? A technique from baseball stats may predict the answer.