Kate Baggaley was the fall 2014/spring 2015 intern at Science News.
Kate Baggaley's Articles
- FeatureA surge in designer drugs, which emulate the highs of classic illicit substances with unpredictable effects, is keeping law enforcement busy.
- NewsBrontosaurus belongs in a genus separate from Apatosaurus, a new study proposes.
- Science VisualizedCancer drugs coated with plastic can reach a mouse’s lungs for targeted delivery, but steering the capsules to the right spots can be a challenge.
- 50 Years AgoA 1960s study probed birth control pills’ effectiveness for women. Researchers are still trying to make a pill for men.
- How BizarreTampons soaked in polluted water glow under UV light, revealing detergent-filled wastewater in rivers.
- Science TickerHumans aren’t the only ones who follow traffic rules. Bats do it too, researchers report.
- News in BriefIngesting low doses of the heavy metal manganese disrupts honeybee foraging, a new experiment suggests.
- News in BriefScientists have linked mutations on a gene involved in inflammation and cell cleanup to ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
- News in BriefMice regrow muscle cells after heart attacks if injected with molecules mimicking RNA involved in cell growth.
- News in BriefNew fossils reveal how arthropods evolved branching limbs.