Lisa Grossman's Articles
- NewsAstronomers say this discovery and others suggest that finding habitable planets is 'only a matter of time.'
- NewsSurveys, tests of college students shows how surroundings can 'communicate a sense of belonging' or 'exclusion.'
- NewsDebris from K-T impact could have been heat source and heat shield.
- NewsDiscovery of a distinctive channel and new calculations of possible water movement suggest a fast and furious flow formed the sea.
- NewsObservations of a ‘homeless’ quasar suggest new ideas for galaxy formation.
- NewsAn analysis of social networks finds that people who feel isolated may spread mistrust among others.
- NewsThe stars that are just right to support life-bearing planets might be dimmer and longer-lived than the sun.
- NewsData storage system employs a resonance effect to do work.
- NewsEfforts to extract the Mars rover from a sandpit will start November 16, but success is uncertain.
- NewsThe largest known galactic congregation is bigger than astronomers thought—and its inhabitants are all dead or dying.