Lisa Grossman's Articles
- NewsVolcanic activity is more recent than expected, MESSENGER shows on its third flyby of the planet. Also, surface iron occurs as oxides.
- NewsA new technique to make shuttle launches safer combines tricks from particle colliders, moon landings and vulture tracking.
- NewsStudy suggests three dinos placed in separate taxa are actually from one group at different growth stages
- NewsHormone is one reason that men and women carry weight differently
- On the SceneDroughts were actually good times for early humans, helping to develop skills for survival in other parts of the world, Lisa Grossman reports in a blog from the Council for the Advancement of Science Writing's New Horizons in Science meeting.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsResearchers have pinpointed the protein that gives a cell’s control room its shape and also keeps it functioning.
- NewsA newly discovered pterosaur had the legs of its ancestors and the head of its descendants.
- NewsQuantum effect allows light to carry information farther for computing and encryption