Marissa Cevallos' Articles
- NewsFaster but fuzzier holographic 3-D teleconferencing debuts.
- NewsAs oceans warm, reefs off Japan shift to higher latitudes.
- NewsA corkscrew-shaped beam of electrons might someday yield better images of atoms and other tiny things.
- NewsRobins may use strange physics to migrate.
- NewsScientists lower the last of more than 5,000 sensors into the Antarctic ice, completing the mile-deep IceCube observatory.
- NewsA theorist uses quantum mechanics to explain why Möbius molecules have different numbers of electrons than standard rings.
- Deleted ScenesBut physicists can't agree on one number.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsScientists have discovered a Jupiter-sized orb with a mostly carbon atmosphere 1,200 light-years distant, the first time astronomers have detected such a world.