Marissa Cevallos' Articles
- NewsBy keeping an ear to the ice, scientists can predict impending glacial crack-ups two weeks in advance.
- NewsUsing stars as celestial beacons could be a backup if GPS ground stations failed.
- NewsAcoustic scientists re-create and analyze sounds from 3,000-year-old shell instruments for insight into pre-Inca civilization.
- NewsConversations on news sites reveal patterns in how information and ideas spread.
- NewsResearchers collect data through a mashup of 19th century ship records and 21st century crowdsourcing.
- NewsThe creators of the fastest telepresence system to date predict real-time 3-D TV in a decade.
- NewsThe new heavyweight champion in its stellar class rules out a number of exotic theories.
- NewsFruit flies use sophisticated pumps to suck fluids as thick as syrup.
- NewsThe creation of six new superheavy isotopes has encouraged researchers who hope to find long-lived elements of even greater mass.