Meghan Rosen's Articles
- Reviews & PreviewsIn The Zoo, Isobel Charman pens a gripping narrative of the London Zoo’s early days, when workers had a hard time keeping animals alive.
- NewsA new claim for the oldest microfossils on Earth suggests that life may have originated in hydrothermal vents, but some scientists have doubts.
- NewsResearchers are pursuing multiple vaccine strategies for blocking Zika infection.
- NewsFor men with low testosterone, the pros and cons of taking hormone replacement therapy are mixed.
- Science TickerFor most men infected with Zika, traces of the virus disappear from semen 81 days after symptoms begin. In other bodily fluids, Zika RNA is typically cleared even faster.
- NewsMice treated with a blend of antibodies survived even when treated days after exposure to ricin.
- NewsAncient hunter-gatherers in East Asia are remarkably similar, genetically, to modern people living in the area. Unlike what happened in Western Europe, this region might not have seen waves of farmers take over.
- The –estDozens of tiny fossils discovered in 540-million-year-old limestone represent the earliest known deuterostomes, a diverse group of animals that includes humans and sea cucumbers.
- News in BriefUnlike other aerial robots that use whirling rotor blades to fly, the Bat Bot relies on soft, silicone-based wings to glide, swoop and turn.
- NewsThe newly discovered structure of a human serotonin receptor linked to LSD could reveal why the drug’s hallucinogenic effects last so long.